Saturday, February 6, 2010

Harumph!  When I asked his opinion of my new top about half way through, Jim pointed out (I was in heavy denial) that this fabric really makes the top look like jammies.  Not exactly what I was going for and that thought bothered me as I was finishing everything up.  Alas, I think he's right.  I decided that cutting the sleeves drastically shorter would help with the jammy look, and it did, but still...can't get that thought out of my mind.
It does not, however, look as weird around the hem line as it does in this picture.  I think I was just standing weird.  It is very comfy, and aside from the jamminess look, the only thing that irks me a bit is the fact that the neckline will not lie flat.  I've tried pressing it, I've tried molding and steaming it on my dressform, but it just won't stay where I put it.  It's not that big a deal, since I don't intend to wear this out much because I feel like I'm in my jammies.  Anyway, one February garment down.  I still have plenty of hours of day left, so I'm going to dive right back into the pattern stash and see what else I can come up with for this month.

1 comment:

  1. I love dots,and it doesn't look like jammies to me, at all. Wear it and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete