Saturday, February 6, 2010

Burda the first

My wonderful husband, indulging my whims as he is prone to do, got me my very first Burda subscription for my birthday last summer.  I now have a nice little start to a collection but haven't actually ever gotten around to making anything from said collection.  Since I wound up with such a production for my January garment(s) I thought that a simple knit top was in order for February. 

 I've had this cute blue knit in my stash for over two years (short in terms of shelf life, I know!).  I got something like 3 or 4 yards from Baer the year before they shut down with no real plan on what I would end up doing with it, but I do occasionally stand in the closet and pet it.


It's one of those wonderful, trendy knits that is almost transparent until you put it on, so it may be a layering piece but it feels awfully nice!  I got down my little stack of Burdas and flipped through, laying out every knit top that appealed to me.  Then, because I just couldn't narrow it down, I let Jim decide.  It was a close call between 2-2010-122B and 2-2010-112, which in the end, won out.


Today is a lazy day at home where I don't have anything that I have to do and I am seriously enjoying it!  I should be able to get this top nearly all the way done today.  I really want to give it a nice finished look with twin needle topstitching on the hems, but that will have to wait until I get my little Kenmore back from a friend.  They don't make twin needles for industrials and I don't have a zig-zag plate for my Singer Spartan, so hems will probably just have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment