Also spent endless hours removing beads from seam allowances for the over-bodice so that I can finally begin putting it together. This was early on in the process. Now that I'm done removing beads (I hope!) I have almost an entire baby food jar full of pearls and sequins.
Last night Jim and I got in a fight over something ridiculous, so I shut myself in my sewing room for hours to work. I got all the silk bodice pieces hand basted to their interlinings, but also got the back skirt pleated, basted and the center back seam sewn. The pleats just got a soft steaming to coax them into holding their beginning shape. After I get the underskirt in all its hugeness finished (it needs a new waist since I hacked off the elastic that it came with) I will put the skirt over it and get the pleats steamed into their final wonderfulness of imitation toosh.