Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy May!

Another beginning to another month that I hope will be a wonderful one. May has started out with:
Oversleeping
Spanking Riley for being such a monster as he "defends" me from tiny dogs out for a walk
Writing the rent
Thinking I really ought to go sew and instead spending the morning reading blogs
Realization that I only have 4 1/2 more months to make (read start) my wedding dress

I think I'm off to a good start. After a week of frantic sewing trying to get things completed in time for Oaks and Derby (while I still have nothing to wear) I rewarded myself with a night of awesome dancing at Jim Porter's last night. In tribute to the late, great Frankie Manning, we had a really lovely picture of Frankie framed and next to a lone white candle. I even did the Shim Sham, for the first time in my life. It was a great night of dancing and enjoying the company of friends. After dancing like mad to a couple of pretty high BPM songs, I woke up to pleasantly sore legs.

Now to work! I really want to finish the Regency ballgowns today and get the stays off to a decent start. But first, a pit stop at http://www.patternrescue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment